Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

This Monday is for Melanoma Awareness

I know I normally bring you a hot guy inspired by a hero from a book on Mondays but today I want to take a moment to talk about something rather serious.  My sister-in-law has melanoma.  She was first diagnosed about 16 years ago.  It came back last spring in a lung and she had the affected lobes removed.  This spring it is back again in her brain, kidneys and colon.  She starts a new course of chemo tomorrow.

Melanoma can be beaten but to do so, you must catch it early.  It's important to get your moles checked and even more important is to protect yourself from sun damage.  Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen!  I cannot say it enough!


Here are some links for more information:

Melanoma Awareness Foundation
The Skin Cancer Foundation
The National Melanoma Awareness Project

*I am in no way endorsing these sites, merely trying to give you some information.  Please do your own research before making donations to any non-profit.  There are many other sites to find information as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment