Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2016

What To Read Next? Problem #294

I am forever asking myself this question. I think I might have reached a point where I no longer want to pick up random books from free lists. It's not that I can afford to buy a bunch of books because nothing is further from the truth. It is just that I feel overwhelmed by the number of books I now have in my Kindle library. A quick check reveals I have ordered 521 digital items in the past 6 months alone! That number includes a few songs I have purchased but it is primarily books. Does that sound like I have a problem? Maybe? Many of those books were purchased at little to no cost which is my way of justifying the staggering number of books. Or may be the number is only staggering to me? Maybe you have two or three times as many books on your list? Maybe I'm just wishful thinking here!

There are currently 398 books on my to-be-read list at Goodreads. Some of those titles have been on the list for a couple of years now. I somehow need to come up with a system to really plan out my reading list.In years past I have been reading 200+ books each year and fear I will not be able to keep pace this year. I am already two books behind for my goal of 200 books.  With less time to read right now, I don't want to waste the time I do have.



Right now, I am awaiting the delivery of Kristen Ashley's Sebring and while I want to jump right in, I would really like to go back and read the whole series before I start the last book in the series. I know I am not the only person who like to do that either. I just need more time in my days!

I think I might just have to go make a new shelf for myself on Goodreads to help with the planning process. There are just too many good books to read and not nearly enough time!

No comments:

Post a Comment