Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

My Favorite Books for 2015



I know the year isn't quite over yet but I wanted to share with you some of my top reads this year. All of these books were published in 2015. Some of the authors I have read for several years but two are new to me. I have to say that most of these books were real tear jerkers for me. Mr. Reads does not understand the appeal but he knows when I am crying in bed it's probably about characters in a book.


The "Unlike Any Other" series is on sale for just $0.99 for each book and the 4th book in the series is on preorder for the same price! It should release December 28th! This makes me so excited! Claudia Burgoa is one of the authors who was new to me. Unlike Any Other is a m/m romance with family involvement. I don't usually read anything in that genre but Ms. Burgoa created a very compelling and emotional story and I fell in love with it!

Harper Sloan's Perfectly Imperfect was an amazing read. The heroine is dealing with body issues and abuse from her so called family for her weight. As someone who has struggled with this, I loved watching Willow overcome these obstacles. I can't say enough good things about this book! Get your tissues ready for this one.

Kristen Ashley is an automatic buy for me and Walk Through Fire was an outstanding read. This is part of the Chaos series but you could read this book without having read the previous ones. It's better though if you have read the Dream Man series and the earlier Chaos books because catching up with those characters really enhances the read. Again, you will need the tissues for this one!

Candace Blevins is a favorite author for me and I absolutely loved Only Human when I read it. The book is quite a departure from her Safe Word series as it is classified as Urban Fantasy. There are vampires and other supernatural beings introduced in this book. It is set in Chattanooga as are the Safe Word books and there is some overlap with characters from the Safe Word series. I love that Ms. Blevins has been able to tie these two (or actually three) series together. The third set is the Chattanooga Supernaturals series which is also outstanding. The Supernaturals series is classified as Paranormal. The Safe Word series is primarily BDSM in nature and some of those elements carry over to Only Human and also her other series though the BDSM is not featured in the same way.

The Five Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson is another emotional book and I definitely needed the tissues for this one. Ms. Higginson is another new author for me. I don't think it is a spoiler to tell you the book begins with the death of the heroine's husband. Following the heroine as she grieves and begins to live again is an amazing read.

Fighting to Breathe by Aurora Rose Reynolds was a surprise for me. I have read many of her other books but this one just grabbed me and pulled at my emotions. It is a story dealing with losing a love and finding a second chance. I absolutely loved this book. The hero in this story is introduced in Until Lily but you can just pick up with this story and be fine.

I went back to check and all of these books except Only Human are on my "ugly cry" shelf on Goodreads. I used to avoid these sorts of books or maybe I just didn't know about them but I obviously have an affinity for them. If you have a favorite book or two, feel free to leave a comment. I'm always looking for good books!

No comments:

Post a Comment