Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Walk Through Fire

Dear Reader,

I finished Kristen Ashley's latest release, Walk Through Fire, yesterday and now I have a book hangover! A five star read for me, this is one of my favorite books from this year. This was a very emotional tale (see video below) from the Chaos series. High and Millie's story spans 20+ years. I appreciate the older characters as both of them are in their 40's for the majority of the book.


Since the story is set in Denver, many previous characters from her other books make appearances in this book. Most notably are the heroes from the Mystery Man series and their girls. And Elvira who we know wrangles commandos for a living. That's another thing I love about the books Ms. Ashley writes. Her books are rich in secondary characters. They are interesting and unique (see Tex from Rock Chick series as well as Elvira).

Ms. Ashley sets the standard for epilogues in my opinion and this book did not disappoint. Plus she gives us a bonus scene on her website to read after you finish the book. It's great fun so don't miss that!

happy reading,
~becca


No comments:

Post a Comment